Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Elijah Robinson as DC? (1 Viewer)

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
I will preface this post by saying that I realize we should do whatever it takes to get a coach and recruiter of Robinson's caliber on staff, and I have no problems if this is the direction we go.

However, for discussion's sake...

Some recent Twitter smoke combined with educated guessing based on the assistant pool $$ has suggested that we may be looking at bringing in Elijah Robinson as the sole DC. While his recruiting acumen can not be questioned, is there any hesitation on hiring a novice DC at this point in time, particularly at the price we would likely be paying?
Only potatoes question Rhule and his decision making.

Although if Frost made an unproven Coordinator hire Mtn’s head would explode

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
Was hoping these hires would sell me on Rhule. So far all i see is Greg Austin and Donny Raiola level hires. Go get a big fish please

TooTall

Linebacker
Insider
Elite Member
Was hoping these hires would sell me on Rhule. So far all i see is Greg Austin and Donny Raiola level hires. Go get a big fish please
Why does he need a big fish? If he was successful with these same people at his previous college stops, and they have been gaining more experience since then, then why aren't they good enough to get the job done here? Have to think he wants to surround himself with people he knows and trusts, vs someone he isn't sure will mesh with his philosophy.

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Arrested Development Eye Roll GIF

Reactions: Irv

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
Why does he need a big fish? If he was successful with these same people at his previous college stops, and they have been gaining more experience since then, then why aren't they good enough to get the job done here? Have to think he wants to surround himself with people he knows and trusts, vs someone he isn't sure will mesh with his philosophy.
Kind of like how Frost had success with his staff at UCF? And then we realized you can’t learn on the job in the Big 10. This aint the Big 12.

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Kind of like how Frost had success with his staff at UCF? And then we realized you can’t learn on the job in the Big 10. This aint the Big 12.
there's a difference between a guy with 2 total years as HC in the AAC and a guy with vastly more experience like Rhule. I'm sure the guy who won in the Big 12 and who just spent 3 years in the NFL is completely out of his depth in the fucking Big 10

you need to add some depth to your troll game, at this point you just a broken record

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I think your key difference is that most of who we are talking about have gone on to bigger jobs post-Rhule and would be linking back up.

If you're a #1 recruiter and top level DL coach in your mid 30s in the SEC - you're going to step to a big time DC job at some point. You're not going to Tulsa to DC first...That's what I'd see as your main difference. Held went to North Alabama, Austin went to FIU - Robinson went to A&M and put together the best recruiting class in the country.

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
I think your key difference is that most of who we are talking about have gone on to bigger jobs post-Rhule and would be linking back up.

If you're a #1 recruiter and top level DL coach in your mid 30s in the SEC - you're going to step to a big time DC job at some point. You're not going to Tulsa to DC first...That's what I'd see as your main difference. Held went to North Alabama, Austin went to FIU - Robinson went to A&M and put together the best recruiting class in the country.
Guys just stop replying to me. Let me Big Tone around for a few days in peace.

QUUACCKKK

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Im talking about Knighton being DL coach and not an analyst
But Knighton wasn't with Rhule in the Big 12...so are you really talking about him? Or did you get caught in the middle of realizing you're wrong and want to fight through it?

Kudos either way. Stick to them guns Ducky.

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
But Knighton wasn't with Rhule in the Big 12...so are you really talking about him? Or did you get caught in the middle of realizing you're wrong and want to fight through it?

Kudos either way. Stick to them guns Ducky.
Not impressed with Knighton, Foley, or Cooper hire. Hope that clears it up for you.

QUAACKKK

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
From the jump, I expected Rhule's staff to not be an all-star list of names, but a group of guys he's worked with & trusts. They might work out really well, they might underwhelm. It'll just depend on fit & how well Rhule evaluates coaches... I'm optimistic on both fronts based on his history, but it's going to be a wait-and-see proposition. Set expectations accordingly.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds