Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Zero Turn Mowers (2 Viewers)

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Depends on 2 things - your yard size and your physical size - but I have a Hustler Dash. It's the smallest of the zero turns for Hustler. It's perfect for my yard at a 42" deck.

If you are over 5'10 and/or over 200 pounds you will look like a circus bear on a small car though. So keep that in mind.

Hustler is fantastic, I love their mowers. It's a no brainer. I have a 105x180 foot lot and it's just perfect for that size.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Depends on 2 things - your yard size and your physical size - but I have a Hustler Dash. It's the smallest of the zero turns for Hustler. It's perfect for my yard at a 42" deck.

If you are over 5'10 and/or over 200 pounds you will look like a circus bear on a small car though. So keep that in mind.

Hustler is fantastic, I love their mowers. It's a no brainer. I have a 105x180 foot lot and it's just perfect for that size.
ooooooo that's about exactly the same size yard I have. I'm a littler and heavier than you are, but that's fine. I appreciate the input! The initial Big Dog mower I was looking at, I was told is basically a Hustler without the bells and whistles.

You might have just sold me on it. Any annoying issues you've had with it at all? Lot of good reviews on it and I like the 34" deck size

Last edited:

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Anyone know anything about Stihl zero turn mowers? I have a Stihl trimmer and two Stihl chainsaws that work great, but don't see a lot of their zero turns being used/advertised. Think I have my mind made up on a Hustler Dash XD, but the place I'll probably buy from out in Gretna also sells Stihls, so figured I'd check.

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Anyone know anything about Stihl zero turn mowers? I have a Stihl trimmer and two Stihl chainsaws that work great, but don't see a lot of their zero turns being used/advertised. Think I have my mind made up on a Hustler Dash XD, but the place I'll probably buy from out in Gretna also sells Stihls, so figured I'd check.
Don't know anything about their mowers, but I have their edger, weed whacker, blower, and chain saw. Can't go wrong with Stihl, I believe. Plus should be easy to service.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Don't know anything about their mowers, but I have their edger, weed whacker, blower, and chain saw. Can't go wrong with Stihl, I believe. Plus should be easy to service.
Quick research tells me the Stihl zero turn is just a Ferris with a different paint job. I don't know anything about Ferris zero turns.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Quick research tells me the Stihl zero turn is just a Ferris with a different paint job. I don't know anything about Ferris zero turns.
When you dig into it you're really comparing like 2 maybe 3 manufacturers. Just have to figure out which one is which and what the cheapest paint color is.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
When you dig into it you're really comparing like 2 maybe 3 manufacturers. Just have to figure out which one is which and what the cheapest paint color is.
Yeah that's what I'm figuring out. Hustler Dash XD seems to be my winner. Like that Kawasaki motor.

JerryBones5

Safety
Elite Member
Pick'Em Champion
Shopping around for a new zero turn, not looking to buy one till probably late fall realistically. Anybody have one? If so, how have the experiences been with each brand? My research the last week or so has been the Toro Time Cutter seems to be the popular choice for easy operation under 1 acre. I love the Craftsman brand, but seems spotty on the reviews. John Deere seems to be the same, surprisingly. I'd love to get more of a mainstream brand for parts purposes, but the major brands have more negative reviews than I expected.
Toro time cutter. Enough said.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Mowed with my father in laws 48” John Deere zero turn a little while ago. What usually takes my back yard about a half hour just to push mow, took about 12 minutes on that thing. Found a really good deal on a hustler 42” out in Gretna so gonna exercise as much patience as I can to see if there’s any end of season deals I can capitalize on

kenyanfeline

Pussy Patrol
Insider
Elite Member
Mowed with my father in laws 48” John Deere zero turn a little while ago. What usually takes my back yard about a half hour just to push mow, took about 12 minutes on that thing. Found a really good deal on a hustler 42” out in Gretna so gonna exercise as much patience as I can to see if there’s any end of season deals I can capitalize on
Hustler over John Deere any day of the week

kenyanfeline

Pussy Patrol
Insider
Elite Member
Of 2 peoples opinions that matter to me a lot in this department, have both said Hustler is the way to go for this
All you need to know is this:

Walker > Hustler > John Deere > All other brands.

You get what you pay for with mowers.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds