Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Covid outbreak rumor (3 Viewers)

Link-

Link Lyman invented the DLine shift
Elite Member
Is this rhetorical or do you have something to share?
Point is, if this turns out to be true, we shouldn’t be surprised that an outbreak happened after a massive event with little-to-no masks and distancing—which is avoidable. I’m surprised that Chicago health officials are reporting that Lolla wasn’t a super-spreader event. With our situation, we are getting to the time where signs would be starting to show.

Buckle up, boiz.

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
Point is, if this turns out to be true, we shouldn’t be surprised that an outbreak happened after a massive event with little-to-no masks and distancing—which is avoidable. I’m surprised that Chicago health officials are reporting that Lolla wasn’t a super-spreader event. With our situation, we are getting to the time where signs would be starting to show.

Buckle up, boiz.
Lolla required either vaccination or proof of a negative test to even go.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG

Buckle up, boiz.
That makes sense to me. What level of vaccination is required on the team for this kind of thing to be a non-issue or is that irrelevant?

Frost made it sound like they were making good progress getting the team vaccinated a couple of weeks ago.

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG

Buckle up, boiz.
Lightfoot has enough bad press without that making it worse, so I’d be surprised if they were being completely honest up there.
I had read shortly after there were over 200 confirmed cases from attendees, and that was really early on. Had also read of a lot of forged vaccine cards, although no numbers on that.
I would just be shocked if anyone testing positive, vaccinated or not, would be allowed to suit up. The university and conference would undertake a huge potential liability if they allowed that.

Drue629

Safety
tPB OG
Pick'Em Champion
It can't be all rainbow and butterflies, things were going too good. We're still cursed so it was bound to happen. First, the tight ends go out, then half the starters have covid, then Martinez tears his acl, then we lose to Illinois and go 4-7.
will ferrell popcorn GIF

22*43*51

Punter Fluffer
Elite Member
Cockeye
Lolla required either vaccination or proof of a negative test to even go.
No one knows what the true efficacy rate across all different varieties of the Vaxx is.

Likely thousands of people at Lolla that the Vaxx had no effect on.

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
Oh no, they’re all going to die! This virus is just destroying people under the age of 50. Shut her down don’t leave your house

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
If vaccinated players have to quarantine beyond simply waiting for a negative test then what’s the incentive for these guys to get vaccinated? Won’t surprise me if the B1G goes overboard & they fuck it up
Sounds like there would need to be 100% vaccination rates among the entire team, staff and ancillary staff and those same individuals would also need to be social distancing or under lockdown in order to avoid potential infection.

CybrrMonky71

FukUJarvisRedwine
Elite Member
All students & staff need to take a Covid test this week before classes start Monday
If pass & vaccinated no further testing or mitigation processes required
If ur not vaxd u need to take a test every couple weeks & follow mitigation procedures (masks). Doesn’t matter if ur an athlete or not.
All students need to take a Covid test before classes start
Really dumb not to be vaccinated bc of all the hoops u have to jump thru if not

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds