Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Covid outbreak rumor (4 Viewers)

Woodrow F Call

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
Point is, if this turns out to be true, we shouldn’t be surprised that an outbreak happened after a massive event with little-to-no masks and distancing—which is avoidable. I’m surprised that Chicago health officials are reporting that Lolla wasn’t a super-spreader event. With our situation, we are getting to the time where signs would be starting to show.

Buckle up, boiz.

Get a clue man, super spreader events only happen in conservative states and more specifically conservative type events, like Garth Brooks, Sturgis, etc.

CornFed Gregger

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Sounds like there would need to be 100% vaccination rates among the entire team, staff and ancillary staff and those same individuals would also need to be social distancing or under lockdown in order to avoid potential infection.
So if I’m vaccinated & test positive, I still get slapped with a 10-day quarantine cuz 1 John Doe morally objects & doesn’t have a positive test?

Unvaccinated individuals can be made aware of the risks & sign a waiver, if they arent vital personnel, just fire em the moment they test positive(NFL basically designed it for employees that way). We should be giving vaccinated individuals benefits for doing so.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
"let's follow the science" Garth Brooks was over the weekend, it's only Tuesday. Only way this has legs is if a shit load of Asymptomatic players caught it and even then it doesn't show up in 24 hours, so Garth is out. Symptomatic, it takes about 2 weeks for anything to show up at all. Going off of science obviously and my wife has it and it took about 2 weeks for her symptoms to show up. The time lines don't work out.

Big 10 also hasn't released squat on COVID protocols, so there's still no reason to worry. IF there was a massive out break, I don't think they'd still be practicing today, which they obviously have because the media would be all over any leaks about it and would have released some sort of tip on twitter by now.

Positive tests are going to happen, vaxed or not, and if the Big 10 leaves it up to the universities to make decisions on playing games, then I would be utterly shocked if Frost chose to not play a game.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
So if I’m vaccinated & test positive, I still get slapped with a 10-day quarantine cuz 1 John Doe morally objects & doesn’t have a positive test?

Unvaccinated individuals can be made aware of the risks & sign a waiver, if they arent vital personnel, just fire em the moment they test positive(NFL basically designed it for employees that way). We should be giving vaccinated individuals benefits for doing so.
I think the point is that vaccination doesn't 100% guarantee you won't test positive for COVID or keep you from spreading it and therefore you'd need to just avoid any potential vector for infection.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
All students & staff need to take a Covid test this week before classes start Monday
If pass & vaccinated no further testing or mitigation processes required
If ur not vaxd u need to take a test every couple weeks & follow mitigation procedures (masks). Doesn’t matter if ur an athlete or not.
All students need to take a Covid test before classes start
Really dumb not to be vaccinated bc of all the hoops u have to jump thru if not
You didn't mention the most important thing.....do they have to sit out at all? If you're positive and not vaxed and they only make you wear a mask then who the hell cares?

CornFed Gregger

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I think the point is that vaccination doesn't 100% guarantee you won't test positive for COVID or keep you from spreading it and therefore you'd need to just avoid any potential vector for infection.
Yea I understand that, I’m just saying a vaccinated player that tests positive should be able to return the moment he tests negative, no standard 5-10 day quarantine.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Turd says there are updated protocols for Covid. Says all the schools have submitted plans for Covid response, then the league will come back with a policy.

No vaccine mandate at UNL. Turd says last month vaccine rates weren't where they needed to be. Gives Frost credit for going to work educating athletes with being vaccinated.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
If vaccinated players have to quarantine beyond simply waiting for a negative test then what’s the incentive for these guys to get vaccinated? Won’t surprise me if the B1G goes overboard & they fuck it up
I wouldn't think vaccinated players that are exposed have to quarantine. Ones that test positive probably do though.

Toe

Wide Receiver
Wake me up when there's some substantiation of the rumor...

David Webb

JCTJB
Elite Member
"let's follow the science" Garth Brooks was over the weekend, it's only Tuesday. Only way this has legs is if a shit load of Asymptomatic players caught it and even then it doesn't show up in 24 hours, so Garth is out. Symptomatic, it takes about 2 weeks for anything to show up at all. Going off of science obviously and my wife has it and it took about 2 weeks for her symptoms to show up. The time lines don't work out.

Big 10 also hasn't released squat on COVID protocols, so there's still no reason to worry. IF there was a massive out break, I don't think they'd still be practicing today, which they obviously have because the media would be all over any leaks about it and would have released some sort of tip on twitter by now.

Positive tests are going to happen, vaxed or not, and if the Big 10 leaves it up to the universities to make decisions on playing games, then I would be utterly shocked if Frost chose to not play a game.
Short memory syndrome. Skipped out of a game last year and didn’t want to play Oklahoma this year.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds